miércoles, 21 de marzo de 2018

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard

Welcome back once again, dear Demigods.
Today´s Wednesday, 21st March, 2018.

And it´s time for the second collection to be reviewed. And it´s once again Rick Riordan the winner of the review.

·Titles: The Sword of Summer, The Hammer of Thor, The Ship of Dead.

·Author: Richard Russel "Rick" Riordan

·Wikipedia
·Languages: His books have been translated into 42 languages.

·Copies sold: More than 30 million copies have been sold, just in the US.

·Personal opinion: The first time I heard of Magnus Chase was gathering through the last pages of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, which show books by the same author. I wasn´t <able to read them then, though, as I was reading Percy Jackson. But I enjoyed that books so much that it was worth giving it as try. When I went to the States las year 2017, I was it on Walmart and immediately bought it. There were also some graphic novels of PJO, but I couldn´t find time to buy them. Next time will use. English is my second language, but I found no problem to read them. I had stopped reading The Kane Chronicles due to reasons I´ll explain next Tuesday, so I had pleanty of time for this one. I soon became surrounded by Magnus Chase  and his peculiar friends; an arab independent girl called Samirah Al-Abbas; a deaf blonde called Hearthstone; and a small Afro-American looking man called Blitzen. Any further details are spoiler, so I won´t mention them. My biggest mistake so far was leaving the books behind. I was heading to my final exams and couldn´t find time to read them. It was then when The Hammer of Thor was released. I quickly found myself diving into its pages to finish as soon as possible. What surprised me the most is how different Magnus was from Percy. After writing 10 books of him, Rick RIordan did a great job making them nothing alike.
My favourite characters so far are Hearthstone, with his super cute red and white cane-looking scarf; and Alex Fierro, a genderfluid crazy kid.


·Recommendations: My opinion is the same as in my last post. But please, don´t read them if you´re going to be hateful towards the LGBT+ characters. They deserve all our love and respect. Mythology isn´t the typical school romance a girl and a boy have, it´s much more. And you need to be open minded enough to see through PJO´s Mist and MC´s Glamour. All the diversity shown in this books encourages us to have a different view from those different from us; or to identify to those similar to us.


As always, credit to Viria13 on DEviantart and Tumblr
-Tumblr
-Deviantart

And also art from other wonderful artists.


Credit to Cookiecreation
Credit to Thecottonproject
Credit to Toastchild



















5 comentarios:

  1. Me parece muy entretenido y con la información necesaria para que te empiece a gustar la lectura!
    A parte me gusta que se enfoque en un tipo de lectura y no en muchos, de esta manera se pude detallar mas.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. ME PARECE SUPER GUAY QUE INCITES A LA GENTE A LEER!
    ES SUPR IMPOTANTE Y CREO QUE ESTE BLOG TIENE LA INFORMACION NECESARIA PARA ELLO
    quiere leer mas :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. me parece un blog sueper esntretenido y me gustaria que publicaras mas cosas ya que me parece que tienes un blog increible.

    ResponderEliminar